Quieting the mind is a question that is most frequently asked. Everyone is unique and responds differently to various techniques.
Here’s a simple way to quiet the mind that I was given by my Guides and I’ve found effective with enough practice.
- Sit or Lie down in a comfortable position and close your eyes
- Go into a calm and relaxed state with a few deep inhales and exhales
- Visualize in your minds eye a figure or a bubble that is labeled “Mind” and there is a chain attaching yourself to the “Mind” (mine looks like a white blob balloon)
- Envision yourself cutting the chain and freeing yourself from the “Mind”.
- You may start to feel a difference like a lighter freeing feeling
- Next visualize in your minds eye the words “Past” “Present Judgements” “Future”
- Envision an eraser (I picture a blackboard eraser) and erase the word “Past” and erase the word “Future”.
- Next erase the word “Judgements” but leave the word “Present”
- Make the word “Present”- that should be the only word left – glow or shine brightly
- Now sense if you feel a difference. Is your mind quiet? Did the mind chatter stop or lessen? If not, that is OK. It takes some practice and in time the visualizations will get easier. Your images of your visualization will become clearer. The mind will be more quiet each time you do the visualization / meditation. A suggestion would be to try this exercise daily and only takes about 5-10 minutes.
I would love to hear how you did! This works more effectively for those who are very good at visualization, or have more visual memory skills. For others it may take more time, but eventually you should be sensing a difference. I hope this helps you, and please like and share if you found this article useful, that it may reach others who may find this helpful too!
Thank you for finding this post and I thank the Guides for their help showing me this exercise to share with you all!
Sending love and light and positive energy your way!
Blessings- 333 – Marie
Tarot Reader – Energy Healer – Spiritual Guidance – Channeler